Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Chassis comes Home 4-21-09 (Read 6,883 times)
AMX-3 Forum Admin
AMX-3 Administrator

Enjoy

Chassis comes Home 4-21-09
Apr 22nd, 2009 at 3:56am
Print Post  

« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2009 at 4:03am by AMX-3 Forum Admin »  
IP Logged

AMX-3 Forum Admin
AMX-3 Administrator

Enjoy

Detailling Chassis
Reply #1 - May 25th, 2009 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
Some surface rust had built up on the chassis, so I am detailing it for the two AMC shows that are coming up. I Scotch Bright the bare metal with WD-40, wipe it off, then applying a thin coat of linseed oil with a clean cloth. When the linseed oil dries, it tends to discolor due to the dust that sticks to it. Later when the chassis has had all of it's final welding completed with the engine running and drivable, with whatever modifications and welding of additional brackets, we will be ready for the final phase. With a power wash, the linseed oil will come off, a media blasting and it will then be powder coated black. That is when the chassis will really come to life. Smiley But for now it is protected.

I am using grade 8 hardware when reassembling the suspension.

IP Logged

Ambassador401
Ex Member

Re: Chassis comes Home 4-21-09
Reply #2 - May 26th, 2009 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
Looks great, good luck with the project. I have to start saving some money to get one of my own in the future

IP Logged

AMX-3 Forum Admin
AMX-3 Administrator

Enjoy

Chassis comes Home 4-21-09
Reply #3 - May 26th, 2009 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
Ambassador401,
Thanks for posting. You will be able to build one of these for yourself. It is going to take some time for me to get enough of the critical parts ready for sale that you will need. These are similar to building a good GT40 replica, like a Superformance, over $100,000. But the AMX/3 replicas will be a better performer than the GT40's for a number of reasons, including wider rear tires.
Tom

IP Logged

Ambassador401
Ex Member

Re: Chassis comes Home 4-21-09
Reply #4 - May 26th, 2009 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
yes I know that if you make it good it won't be cheap. Most important thing is that someone is finally bringing these on the market after 40 years!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top